News & Events  Blog

In One Year and Out the Other

December 26, 2018
Posted by: Gerald “Pharmacist Jerry” Finken, RPh, MS; Contributor, Martha Morton

Photo Credit: Susan Macfarlane Nutrition

As New Year’s Day approaches, many people think of ways that they can start afresh.

This day of all days has been hallmarked as the time to set aside your old ways and make goals to achieve the new you.

But what makes this day so special?

This day, like any other day, is 24 hours, the sun will rise and it will fall. For some precedent reason on this day there is elevated pressure to have it all together.

Though the first of the year is symbolic — and all of your friends are making New Year’s resolutions– what’s the point in setting unattainable goals?

One article quoted that nearly 92% of people fail their New Year’s resolutions, leaving a small 8% who actually fulfill the dreams they held onto so fondly the first of the year.

It can be extremely discouraging when your expectations turn into past wishes. Why not make a goal that you know you can achieve?

As for the year that has past, celebrate all that you have accomplished!

Reflect on 2018 and be thankful for the areas you have grown, allowing that to guide the ways you will strive to grow in 2019.

As for pharmacists like me, we can walk alongside you as you strive toward a better you, especially if that involves a healthier living.

Though I often regard the pharmacist as the medication expert, our duties go far beyond that. We are here to help you achieve a healthy lifestyle, EVEN if you are not taking medications!

In other words, if you don’t want those New Year’s resolutions to go in one year and out the other, let us help and assist you as only pharmacists can.

There is no reason to have to look back in regret in 2019. Together, let’s make the high points of last year equate to the low points of this year!

So, what are your New Year’s resolutions?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

*


  • Case Study
    A Biopharmaceutical Company Sponsoring a Phase III Clinical Trial in the U.S.
    read more...
  • Latest News
    Center Point Clinical Services Names Gerald E. Finken New CEO
    March 15, 2018
    read more...
  • Need More Information?